Friday, July 25, 2008

My New Clean Closet...



Yesterday, I finally had a handy man to come in and put up a new closet organization unit in my closet. I was sooooo happy to finally have this done as it took a week in a half to get someone at a good price. My first guy wanted to charge me $500 for putting up some wooden racks,lol. I was like nope, I have to find someone who is reputable and cost efficient for my dollar. So I ended up finding someone who was just that. He patched up the holes in my drywall (due to one of my racks falling down and scaring me out of my sleep), put up the new racks, and secured the old one on the right for all of $200. Thank God! But man afterwards, I had to sort through things that I forgot about like books from grad school and old clothes from undergrad. I was shocked to find old school stuff from my students when I first started teaching. It was a trip down memory lane, but the memories had to stop at some point because I kept asking myself..."Why did I keep this stuff?" I couldn't remember the answer and I knew right away that I needed to pitch it in order to keep the closet looking like the pic you see. I donated my old clothes to a near by homeless shelter and threw away the old school things. That part was kind of hard, I kind of got attatched to the old stuff and didn't want to see it go, but it had to. So now that I have a clean closet, I moved on to cleaning up everything else. I am getting some new furniture put in this summer so I am working on getting my house together for just that. I am excited! Looking for new furniture and carpet is fun. I have always had a contemporary style to my taste in furniture so I am working on creating that look. Well, that's all for now, I will continue to post my progress as I get things moved in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Roni! It looks great and neatly organized. I like the improvements on your site as well it looks great.

Peace,
Nadia B.

Virtuous Blue said...

Isn't fixing up & decorating your place so exciting? I've recently been working on a new apt and I forever find myself looking at HGTV and browsing in the home section at stores lol.

And I went through my "spring cleaning" a few months ago, but I have a feeling another session is going to be in order if I want my closet to even look remotely similar the photo in the post lol.

Kenya
VB