Monday, July 21, 2008

How to "cute up" your hairstyle...


As a natural, you try and find ways to make your hair styles last as long as possible between washings. I normally try to wash my hair every 2 weeks but when I am lazy, it could be as long as almost a month (which isn't good because the scalp needs to be cleaned and to prevent tangles, it's best to wash 1 to 2 weeks). But this was a picture of me extending my style in the 3rd week. I bought this brown hair piece that you see in my hair at Sally's Beauty Supply for like $2.99 and it's really cute. I had gotten compliments on this. My hair was originally in a twist-up do so I loosened the back out and left my front & side flat twists in. Then, I pulled up my my hair in the back, twisted it, and put in my hair accessory. It comes in 2 pieces (an oval piece and a stick to slide it through). You press the oval piece over the back of your hair then you use the stick and slide it through the holes and hair and that's it. Instant Style!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really cute hair style. I am natural as well and I'm always looking for new styles to create with ease. Great looking site!

Nadia

Anonymous said...

I'm not natural...but am considering it. Veronica is my inspirator (is that a word?) with the natural hair. I too, have struggled with the long hair, no hair, weave hair, short hair, tracks here and there, braided hair, I've never done the jerri curl! Now I'm simply relaxed hair with a touch up every 8-10 weeks. I love the natural hair look....maybe with time, I've been told it's a process--Eneida