Thursday, June 28, 2012

Shea Butter Mix

Hey Everyone...

School has been keeping me busy but as of June 21, I was finally free to enjoy my summer and go back to some fun things that I had enjoyed doing.   Going back to my writing as well as updating my hair blog.  These next upcoming blogs will update you as to what I've been doing and trying since my last post.  I enjoy using natural products on my hair and I started incorporating some of my old products from the past and added some new ones as well. 

Shea Butter Mix

In May, I had found a shea butter mix on a Youtuber's site (Naptural85) that I had been wanting to try.  It required me to use a mixer to blend together some hair products that I already had.  Here's the link to where I got my recipie from...

The ingredients I used were...

-Unrefined Shea Butter at Room Temperature


-About 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil


-About 1 tsp Olive Oil


-About 1 tsp Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Tropic Isle Living)


-About 1 Tbsp Jojoba Oil


-About 1/2 tsp Vitamin E

I blended everything together and it was cool because I looked like cake batter, just a little harder to mix since the shea butter was a solid.  I guess it took about 4 minutes to mix everything together and my mix ended up looking like this...

I placed my mix in a plastic container and placed it in the fridge.  But there was not need for this because it just made it hard,lol.  So when I was ready to use it, I had to place it in the microwave for about 10 secs before using it.  Well lesson learned.  Now I just keep my container in my cabinet in the bathroom until further use.  Results on using this mix...coming soon.

The Natural Hair Diaries









2 comments:

Shiquana said...

Where should I buy my ingredients?

The Natural Hair Diaries said...

Hi Shiquana,

You can get unrefined shea butter from the Natural Grocer in Woodbridge. Olive oil you can get from any store that sells groceries. Coconut oil, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil can all be purchased at the Vitamin Shoppe. I have Black castor oil from Amazon.com. But the regular castor oil is easier to pick up. If you try this mix, let me know :)





-About 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil


-About 1 tsp Olive Oil


-About 1 tsp Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Tropic Isle Living)


-About 1 Tbsp Jojoba Oil


-About 1/2 tsp Vitamin E